To do list:
- Clean off the scoreboard, sweep home plate, and knock the dirt out of your cleats.
- Break out your #49 Anderson and #5 Wright. Buy peanuts and crackerjack. Sharpen your pencils and pack up your scorecards.
- Tune in to Korach and Ray and Vince. Log in for Gary, Keith, and Ron. Be sure to catch a few called by Vin and Ueck.
- Curse Evil Empires I & II. Remind yourself that the champs’ reign will be short.
- Trust the grown ups in charge in New York. Awe at the master of the East Bay. And hope for the best in the North.
- Pray for Johan and Justin. Wrap Sideburns and Bailey in bubblewrap. Enjoy the absence of Ollie and Francoeur.
- Get ready to see old friends in unusual colors.
- Appreciate the professional, the dynamic, and the graceful. They may be wearing new laundry soon too.
Repeat daily through October.